SuzyQ's Views

SuzyQ's Views
SUZY Q's VIEWS -- See them on the Facebook page. Just click on her image.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Good Dog Walking

Layla's Head Shot
After being on vacation week before last and missing two weekends of dog activities, I just had to get my dog fix, so I went to Molly's Country Kennels yesterday, Saturday, September 14th, and took camera-shy Layla for a walk.  Try though I might, I could never get Layla to face me, so the picture here to the right is one snapped upon her arrival after being rescued/transported.

This was a typical view of Layla
Layla walked absolutely great on her leash!  She went at a good pace, sat when asked to sit, stopped when asked to stop, and enthusiastically devoured the bacon treats I offered after she followed my instructions.  She was well-mannered and also rode well in the car.

The park where I usually walk the Molly's dogs was packed to the gills with some special event, so I asked for directions to another  park. Heeber Park turned out to be lovely and not as hilly as Fisher Park, and I was told it was exactly one mile around the path, so I'd be getting my walk in too.


Meeting another pooch
Of course, Layla was happy to be out on such a beautiful day -- no humidity and cool enough for a lightweight jacket for me.  She was excellent when adults and/or a child approached, and greeted everyone without jumping up.  Here she is meeting another dog.  Even if she's shy with the camera, Layla was great at saying hello to others, and didn't discriminate towards anyone.

I had to get Layla back to Molly's before they closed, and I took a short cut back to the car, or so I thought.  Layla didn't notice that we'd taken a wrong turn somewhere along the way, as she gleefully traversed the park.  She wasn't bothered at all that we ended up in a parking lot where my car was not parked.  And she didn't notice when I asked strangers if there was another parking lot and how to get there.  And she didn't care one iota that we had to scurry to the opposite end of the park to hurriedly scramble into the car to race back to Molly's.  Layla was just one happy dog who had been taken for a long walk, got to sniff all sorts of new smells, saw some new sights, and breathed some fresh, cool air.  She was undoubtedly experiencing her bliss.  She truly was a good dog walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment