SuzyQ's Views

SuzyQ's Views
SUZY Q's VIEWS -- See them on the Facebook page. Just click on her image.

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Lil Bit Gets Lucky!

I should probably be posting this in the "Happy Endings" section of my blog, but this story is one of the most gratifying to me personally, so I just had to post it here.

Remember Lil Bit?  If you check out "Older Posts" at the bottom of this blog, you'll read about her recent transport trip with Linda, who drove her and Maggie.  Linda had "beaten me to the punch" for this particular transport.  Maggie went to a foster family, but Lil Bit ended up at Molly's Country Kennel.  She is highlighted in a brief story also just below in this blog.  Kudos to Molly's, as they are a boarding kennel which works closely with Almost Home Dog Rescue (for whom we transport) and provides space for Almost Home dogs who don't have a foster or forever home to go to.

One way to get adoptable dogs in front of potential adopters is to take them to Meet and Greet events that some pet stores sponsor on certain days for various rescue groups.  Almost Home was slated to have a Meet and Greet at Pet Valu on Saturday, and I decided to take Lil Bit in hopes that she'd find her "furever" home.  I arranged to pick her up from Molly's, and after a long drive, we arrived at Pet Valu - late.

Within minutes, Lil Bit drew the attention of Don and DeeDee, who asked a few questions about her.  It soon became apparent that they were seriously considering adopting her, and it turned out they had adopted another Almost Home dog a couple years ago, which meant the application process and home check wouldn't be necessary.  Soon, to my surprise, I had permission from Almost Home to take Lil Bit to Don and DeeDee's home, and provided Lil Bit got along with their other three dogs, I could leave Lil Bit there with her new family.

Lil Bit with
an Almost Home
Rep
DeeDee rode with me, with Lil Bit in the back seat, and Don followed us to their home.  Lil Bit really lucked out.  She has a fenced in yard to play in, and has three brother dogs, Dante, Mayan and Zeppo, to play with.  After everyone was introduced, Lil Bit seemed comfortable and happy, despite Dante's barking at her.  I choose to think that Dante was just super happy to meet her.  Lil Bit didn't seem to care one way or the other.  She was busy sniffing the ground and taking in the sights of her new yard and house.

DeeDee invited me inside so I could see where Lil Bit would sleep, showed me where the dogs' food is kept, and I noticed several dog toys.  It was quite apparent that Don and DeeDee love their dogs.  DeeDee also told me that they would keep Lil Bit's name, as all their dogs have two-syllable names.  So "Lil Bit" was perfect.

I soon bid everyone adieu and left, feeling joyous for Lil Bit -- and happy for me.  My first Meet and Greet, and my dog got adopted!  I have a feeling they'll want me to keep bringing Molly's dogs to Meet and Greets.  But truth be told, I had nothing to do with this successful adoption.  It all had to do with Lil Bit's super sweet nature, cuteness, and adaptability, and how Don and DeeDee opened their hearts to a little girl dog to round out their canine family.  Yippee!!!  And woof woof!

No comments:

Post a Comment