SuzyQ's Views

SuzyQ's Views
SUZY Q's VIEWS -- See them on the Facebook page. Just click on her image.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Dollywood Update

Dolly, pre-grooming

As you will recall, on my previous transport, I drove Dolly and Andrew, and Dolly was going to her forever home, but needed a good grooming.  She got the grooming, lost her “punk” look, and now looks like a completely different dog!  I know because I saw pictures and thought there had been some mistake, because the pictures I saw didn't look anything like the ragged little Dolly I had driven.  She was much less shaggy, with a much smoother coat, and looked sleeker.  I hope to share a current picture of her soon on my blog.  Trust me -- you won't recognize her.  But I know it's Dolly, because I trust the photographer.  It's my buddy, Linda! 

Dolly didn’t get to stay in her forever home.  Sometimes it just doesn’t work out.  The other border collie in the household is much younger and full of energy, and harassed Dolly to play too much.  With Dolly being 5+, she just isn’t interested in playing so much, and the situation was not fair to her.  So her almost forever mother reached out to Almost Home Dog Rescue (for whom I drive most of the time), and they agreed to take her back and find Dolly a foster home.

When Linda heard that Dolly needed a foster home, she stepped up.  She had already made up her mind to start fostering, so Dolly was a great dog to start with because she's so calm, and is purported to get along okay with cats. 

Linda received Dolly a week ago Saturday night, and everyone is doing well.  When I say everyone, I not only mean Dolly and Linda, but Linda’s three cats, who have been introduced to dogs of late.  So far, they keep to themselves pretty much, but one ventured out to inspect Dolly within 24 hours, so maybe new friendships will be born.

Linda has survived her first week of fostering, and is extremely committed to helping any way she can.  Dolly misses Linda when Linda's at work, but I'm very sure Linda misses Dolly even more.  Could this be a permanent match made in heaven?  I guess only time will tell.  But in the meantime, I'm proud to call Linda my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment