SuzyQ's Views

SuzyQ's Views
SUZY Q's VIEWS -- See them on the Facebook page. Just click on her image.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Sweetheart of a Dog




Finally -- another dog transport! On Saturday, June 26th, my friend, Carol, and I wended our way to Morgantown to pick up beautiful, sweet Nala, a collie mix. We met Martha, a first-time driver behind McDonald's, who brought Nala to us. We gave Nala some water, let her do her thing on the grass, at which she was excellent, and then put her in the backseat of my car, and off we went.

Nala was a love. She put her head forward between the seats. Pretty soon, one toe was on the middle console between Carol and me, then two toes, and pretty soon, Nala had her head resting on Carol's shoulder, as Carol cooed over her and scratched her head.

Nala kept trying to creep forward. I'm positive that had we let her, she would have happily sat on Carol's lap. But she was too big a dog. Eventually she settled down in the backseat, but only to pop up and look out the window. Then she'd try the creeping forward act again. Carol fell for it -- hook, line and sinker. But she was a real joy (Nala, not Carol -- well, yes, Carol is nice and all that, but really, it was all about Nala).

We drove Nala to her foster home in Doylestown, where we were met by a delightful lady, Alice, who was prepared to foster Nala with her two other dogs, a beautiful black Newfoundland and a handsome shepherd. Alice said they would teach Nala her manners. Nala happily followed everyone into the backyard.

Alice e-mailed a few days later that Nala was adopted already and her forever home would be on a farm. I was so happy for Nala. Both Carol and I said we would have taken Nala, if we could, because she was so sweet, but we both work full time, have cats and live in condos, so it wouldn't have been fair. Anyway, it's wonderful to know another dog is safe and will live happily ever after.

And it looks like I may have another transport coming up this Saturday, August 14th. So I'll keep you posted. It appears my transports will be coming more frequently now, which I'm thrilled about. So please don't give up on my posts to UnderdogRailroad just yet. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment