SuzyQ's Views

SuzyQ's Views
SUZY Q's VIEWS -- See them on the Facebook page. Just click on her image.

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Riley and His Supersonic Smile




What a cute smile!
One of our Almost Home volunteers, Colleen, fosters and cares for dogs who don't necessarily show well at adoption events, due to a variety of reasons.  Maybe they're shy, older or aren't all that great with children.  Because these dogs have a tougher time getting adopted, I am going to feature them occasionally on Underdog Railroad, to give them more exposure, in hopes that you or someone you know might open their home and heart to a wonderful pet.

Please meet Riley, an 18 month old, 16 pound Jack Russell terrier mix. Colleen tells me Riley has just the right amount of energy. He loves to chase balls and play with squeaky tug toys. He walks well on his leash as he enjoys the sights and smells of the great outdoors.  And he's very smart, as you can see in the video below.

Riley is usually cautious when meeting strangers, and prefers they ignore him, which gives him a chance to check them out first. Tasty treats thrown his way, however, can do a lot to persuade him to be your friend.

Once he feels comfortable, Riley is a lovable, fun companion, although he doesn't enjoy being left home alone or being stuck in a crate. He would do best with someone who is home most of the time or has other dogs to keep him company. Riley is a cat person, but small children make him nervous, so a home with older children would work better.

Riley would do super at a dog sport like flyball or agility.  Just click on the video below to watch Riley in action as he proves he's a serious problem-solver too.  Notice his robust tail-wagging!  I hope someone will give Riley the chance to become a valuable family member, who will entertain and delight them.  Please contact me via e-mail if you know anyone who would be interested in learning more about Riley and I will put them in touch with Colleen.

 

2 comments:

  1. Riley is adorable! Has he found a home yet?


    I know you seem to be more for dogs and cats, but have you heard about the Wild Mustangs and what's happening to them? I have a blog (Save the Mustangs) and you might want to read it. I'm really trying to get the word out to people who love animals.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristen -- I only today saw your comments. Please send me your blog link and I will post it on my underdograilroad blog, provided it is a legit blog.

      I don't know if Riley has found a home yet, but if I find out he did, I will put an update on my blog.

      Delete