SuzyQ's Views

SuzyQ's Views
SUZY Q's VIEWS -- See them on the Facebook page. Just click on her image.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Underdog Railroad - Update 9-21-09

Valentino, My Mascot


My friend, Diane, and I went to Trader Joe's yesterday. When we came out of the store, we noticed a dog adoption group was set up at the corner, so we wandered down. It turned out to be Animal Lifeline, the group for which I drove my first dog transport. And guess what? Ally, the little dachsund, and Serria, the Aussie mix were there being offered for adoption! It was so great to see them again. They seemed very happy and comfortable being on display, although Ally seemed a bit tired.

Hobie, the four-month black lab puppy who howled most of the way in the car, has already been adopted. Ally had three people who just that day had put in applications for her. And Serria also had two or three people very interested. And Serria has shown what a great dog she is. She's been trained already to sit. She loves people and we're very proud of her.

Thankfully, Ally, Serria and Hobie were rescued and will be living a happy life. They deserve it!

1 comment:

  1. Oh that is so sweet, Andrea.

    You know, my dog growing up, Oscar, was a mix - Annie, a dachsund, was the mother and Dinky, the neighborhood mutt, was the father and it was a sad day when my mother had to take Oscar to vet for the last time due to an infection from a foxtail.

    But a funny story I remember was when one day my mother called for Oscar to come home (remember when dogs were free to roam the neighborhood?), the neighbor across the street who's husband's name was also Oscar, smiled and said to mom, "Why do you keep calling my husband?"

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete